In this demo of the Ballyland Magic app, I give you a demo and overview of the app.
From the developers: http://www.sonokids.org
An educational iPad game that helps children with vision impairment to learn and practice a number of VoiceOver gestures.
The Ballyland Magic app is specifically designed for young children with vision impairment to learn and practice their first navigational touch gestures for VoiceOver, Apple’s built-in screen reader. While engaging with the Ballyland Magic app, children with no or low vision will learn fundamental skills to use a mobile touch screen device. You don’t need to be a VoiceOver expert to assist the child – but by the end of the Magic Show, you may be well on your way to becoming one!!
- No previous iPad experience required by the child or parent/teacher
- Built-in speech
- Original ‘Tap-tap’ practice song
- Popular Ballyland characters
- Use at home and at school
- Designed with extensive feedback from young children with vision impairment, their parents and educators